The Board of Directors has been monitoring the orders of the Federal, State, & Local governments with regards to the safe practices for Covid-19 in regards to pools which are SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
As of this date, here are the requirements for us to be able to open the pools at Assateague Pointe.
Let us be clear here, these rules and regulations for the opening of the pools were NOT set forth by the Board of Directors, but by the Federal, State & Local governments.
The following rules MUST BE followed or other wise the pools WILL BE CLOSED!
THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS OR SPECIAL REQUESTS!
- People who are ill/sick with COVID-19 are NOT allowed in the pool area.
- The State of Maryland interprets “Pool Open” to mean “Swimming Only” … Not Socialization !!
- The splash pad at the clubhouse and the baby pool at the Center cannot be open for use, by the State of Maryland mandate. Splash Pad at the clubhouse & baby pool at Rec. center will open July 3 or 4, 2020.(revised 06/28)
- Patrons while entering & exiting the pool deck must wear face masks. Face masks must be worn when talking to the life guard or pool monitor.(revised 06/28/2020) Face masks are not required while in the pool or in your family group.
- There will be a LIMITED capacity of patrons allowed to enter the pool deck area at one time. The capacity is based on the square footage by the State of Maryland. Admission to the pool deck area will be on a first come, first serve basis. This will be strictly enforced by the pool deck monitors and lifeguards.
- There can be NO more than 10 people per family group while on the pool deck. The group areas will be outline by chalk lines on the pool deck. Face masks are not required while in the family group. (revised 06/28/2020)
- Patrons MUST enter thru one gate, Clubhouse entry gate will be the WEST gate and the SOUTH gate for the Rec. Center.
- At the entry Gate, the Pool Deck Monitor will take EACH person’s name and record it in the contact book. This will be done on every entry to the pool deck.
- All people on the pool deck will practice proper social distancing of 6 feet minimum between your family and other people while on the pool deck. (Immediate family members do not need to be 6 ft apart)
- The lifeguards will maintain social distancing of 6 feet of ALL people in the pool. Lifeguards and pool monitors are in charge and must be obeyed or you will be asked to leave immediately
- Pool hours Saturday thru Thursday are from 10:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at which time ALL patrons of the pool MUST exit the pool area. The pool will be closed for 30 minutes for sanitizing the pool area and bathrooms. The pools will then reopen at 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Patrons must remove ALL their items brought onto the pool area, and exit by using the exit gate. The EAST gate at the Clubhouse and the NORTH gate at the Rec. center. Friday pool hours at the clubhouse ONLY will be extended to the following: 6:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. the Clubhouse pool will close for sanitizing. Reopen at 6:30 p.m. till midnight for the moonlight swim. The Rec Center Friday pool hours are the same as Saturday thru Thursday hours. (revised 06/28/2020)
- Any items left on the pool deck will be discarded. There will be NO lost and found.
- Your trash MUST be placed in the refuse containers located on the pool deck by ALL patrons.
- A limited number of tables, chairs and umbrellas have been placed on the pool deck for use. (revised 06/28/2020)
- There will be NO HOA supplied pool noodles, boards, masks or goggles.
- Once the pool area has been evacuated, all hand railings and ladders and other high touch areas will be disinfected / sanitized.
- Only after completion of the sanitation, will the next group of people in line will be allowed to enter the pool area from the entry gates.
- There will NOT be any “reservation of entry time slots …. You must be present when the entry gate is opened.
- If the re-entry to the pool area from the prior patrons is needed, they MUST get back in line for entry into the pool area and re-enter your name in the contact book.
- IF ANY OF THE RULES ABOVE RULES HAVE BEEN VOILATED, THE LIFE GUARD OR POOL DECK MONITOR HAS THE AUTHORITIY TO VACATE THE ENTIRE POOL AREA, REGARDLESS IF THE TIME HAS EXPIRED OR NOT!
IF THERE IS ANY CONFRONTION BETWEEN PATRONS AND THE LIFEGUARD OR POOL DECK MONITOR, THEY HAVE BEEN INSTRUCTED TO CALL THE POLICE!